“My child really looks forward to the home visitor coming every
week. This is a great program.” ---Mrs. Oneal
What is the Parent-Child Home Program?
The Parent-Child Home Program is designed to work with parents in their home to provide early literacy for children ages 1 to 3 in preparation for school. There are two programs based on the age of the child. Program 1 is for children ages 1-2 and Program 2 is for children ages 2-3. Each week, parents receive modeling tools and the child receives a book or toy. The program lasts for 23 weeks.
TCRC is the only licensed program in Georgia
How does the Parent-Child Home Program work?
- A trained community-based Home Visitor will visit your home twice a week for 30 minutes to help you get your child ready for school.
- You will learn creative ways to read and play with your child.
- Helps you prepare your child to be successful in school.
- Helps provide your child with a free high-quality book or an educational toy each week -at least 46 new books and toys.
BENEFITS OF EARLY READING
Teaching your child to read early and to read well has great benefits. Early reading is the key to your child's success in school. Reading is at the heart of all education.
There are many advantages of developing early reading skills in your child:
· Helps to develop a young child’s brain
· Opens the doors to your child’s early academic success
· Early readers are better able to relate to their peers and are more confident
· A child who learns to read at home, at an early age, with a loving parent or caregiver, grows in self-confidence and independence.
For more information or to enroll your child(ren), please contact Felicia Gabriel, Community Outreach Program Manager at 229-226-5846 Ext. 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for volunteers!